Getting Ready for a Wedding

I sometimes ask my tutoring students if they want to have a wedding someday. Most answer with a shy smile and a “yes.” Then I tell them that planning a wedding is a lot like doing an algebra problem. (This usually surprises and alarms them!) I tell them that you have to take the “math problem,” break it into many smaller, more manageable parts, work on each part separately, and then put it all back together into one successful solution.


Our family and friends, a wonderful community of amazing people, have been working on the “parts” of my eldest daughter’s wedding for the past four months. There has been crafting, cooking, sewing, rehearsals and showers as we work toward the goal of uniting two young people in the covenant of marriage.



Enjoy some of the photo memories of the preparation and look for some photos of the wedding next month!






No comments:

Post a Comment